An innovative roguelike/4X strategy game about life, legacy & love from the creator of Highgrounds. Praised as "the offspring of Sid Meier's Civilization, Jason Rohrer's Passage, and The Legend of Zelda."
In Hero Generations, each step you take is an entire year of your hero's life. You explore a procedurally generated world in search of fame and a mate to have a child with before you die. After your life ends, you take control of your child in the world you left behind, in the hope of continuing your family legacy. Each turn becomes a meaningful life decision: you can focus on building and crafting the world around you, or adventuring to far off lands to make a bigger name for yourself.
- Limited Lifespan and Permadeath: Each turn your hero takes = 1 year of their life.
- Generations, Mating, and Having Children: find a mate, start a family, have a child. Then take control of that child in that same world!
- 6 Strategic Paths and Meaningful Choices: grow in Strength, Exploration, Love, Wealth, Fame, and Wisdom.
- City Crafting System: build great towns and morph their cultures.
- Expansive Overworld: explore a 3x3 connected grid of world, each with their own unique tileset (Volcano, Desert, Island, to name a few)
- Meaning: a surprising and thought-provoking experience, that explores themes of death, legacy, family, love, and more.
Released: March 2016
Developer: Heart Shaped Games LLC