Super Indie Karts
v0.51 - June 2016 - Introducing 20 VR-Trax! *Scroll down for update info*
Super Indie Karts is a classic retro 16-bit style karting game, with Time Trials, Grand Prix, and Battle Modes!
The game was KickStarted in 2014, as part of OUYA's Free the Games Fund, with a 2yr development cycle. Super Indie Karts now features over 30 characters and 32 racetracks to play in Grand Prix and Time Trials modes, and 3 battle arenas in BattleMode. More play modes, characters, and features will be added as more and more updates to the game are planned.
More info on the game:
Play with a varied mix of super Indie Game crossover characters, around the world in iconic locations or in some super Indie Game themed tracks!
Indie Crossovers include:
Whispering Willows - Fist Of Awesome - Read Only Memories - Lobodestroyo - Canabalt - Duck Game - So Many Me - Toto Temple Deluxe - Aegis Defenders - Adventures Of Pip - Gentlemen Ricochet - A.R.E.S. - Holobunnies - Clive'N'Wrench - Shutshimi - CrossCode - Power Drive 2000 - Teslagrad - Freedom Planet - Runbow - Guacamelee! - and many more to come!
With 3 speed classes, plus mirror mode, there's plenty of achievements and unlocks to keep you drifting and burning pixel rubber 'till the sun goes down.
== RECENT UPDATES
*Update v0.51* - June 2016
Simply the biggest update Super Indie Karts has had to date! There are now 32 racetracks in the game thanks to the addition of 20 "VR-Trax" races! - Undoubtedly VR is the futures!
- major changes:
- introducing 20(!) "VR-trax" race tracks - glimpses of the future
- 12 of which are brand new tracks, the other 8 are VR redesigns of the original "World Cup" tracks
- Teamed up with DreamFiend to add some amazing Synthwave music to the VR-Trax races
- other changes:
- you can now drop melons behind you
- new in-world driftboost indicator, coloured light now flashes from back tyres
- added proximity alarm beeps when a Loconut or melon gets too close to you
- position indicator (corner number) now enlarges and colour cycles on the last lap (and now a little less inaccurate ;))
- added small gong sound when completing a lap
- camera zooms in on the character at the end of the race
- fixed hop sounds disappearing when the camera zoomed out
- fixed the remaining areas of some tracks that let you get trapped
- fixed boost pad vertical billboards showing under floors
- fixed wrong sky colours appearing in background of some ActionCams
- fixed shroom race star text showing green when it wasn't collected (and sometimes white when it was)
- fixed locked character slots being selectable
- cleaned up some crossover logos and avatars
- you now return to TT select menu after a TT race
- many many other cleanups and repairs!
Keep on drifting on!
*Update v0.47* - March 2016
- added TIME TRIALS!
- added The Part Fishy bringing Party Mode from Shutshimi
*Update v0.43* - Jan 2016
- added Razer Forge TV support
- upgraded game project to Unity5.3.1 (then fixed everything that broke)
- moved the boost bar out of the way
- fixed some sounds being drowned out by louder noises
- many mini improvements in all areas
Released: July 2016
Developer: One Legged Seagull